Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Miss Show-Off

Well, I am tickled pink to write that
we have a show-off in my belly. She performed
quite well at yesterday's first ultrasound of the week.
She showed us a 3+ cm pocket of fluid and overall
had just over a 5 cm AFI
(amniotic fluid index - where they add all of the pockets together).
Immediately at the beginning of the exam, she was practicing
her breathing, and a little while later, she was flexing her
feet and moving around as appropriate.
So, it's an 8/8 again for her! WOOHOO!
The doctors and sonographer were thrilled to
see her doing so well.
The best part was that Mike was able to get here in time
for the ultrasound; it's been a while since he was able
to see her on the 'big screen'.
We're anxiously awaiting Friday's growth scan
to find out how much she weighs and where
she falls on the scale for growth percentile.

I wish I knew what was working so well and
getting her fluid levels to be where they are...I suppose
it's a combination of all of the bedrest and water I'm drinking.
I choose to believe that it's all of the prayers that are being
sent up on our behalf!
We are continuing to be amazed by the love that surrounds
us each day from friends, family and colleagues.

7 comments:

MCRCollins said...

Yay Miss Show Off!! :) PRAISES!

Vicki said...

Way to go, Baby G! Such exciting news!

Leslie RP said...

Yay Sara & Baby Girl!! Keep it up!
Leslie

Katie said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news!! Keep up the good work mama!

Christine said...

I'm so excited to see 27 weeks on the ticker and the great news from the ultrasound!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome news! We are saying our prayers for you guys. Miss you and love you! Alicia

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara and Mike,
I read the blog daily and am SO thrilled to hear how well "our" baby girl is doing! Keep up the good work- hope to talk with you soon!
Sueann