Friday, December 11, 2009

Double Pounder

Drum roll, please....we've hit the TWO pound mark!
The "average" weight at 27 weeks is 1.93 pounds,
so, she's on target. And, in even
better news, the scan today showed her to be in the
14th percentile for growth. This is encouraging news
as she was at the 10th percentile at 24 weeks.
Unfortunately, she didn't score an 8/8 on the
biophysical profile today....we caught her
"sleeping", so, we didn't see her practicing
her breathing and the pockets of fluid we found
didn't measure 2x2...the biggest one was
a 4x1 (which makes it a one, but, it was l-o-n-g.).
Her overall AFI was a 3, down from 5 on Tuesday.
The sonographer was pleased over all, as it's
reassuring to see fluid at all...and she had more
than most in this condition.

In other news....we're two weeks from Christmas! Is your shopping
complete? We're almost done...I think just one more gift to order
and then it's time for Mike to keep an eye on the
front door for packages.I can't believe how the time is flying.

Some highlights of the week at Duke:
Last weekend, I had Olivia & Shannon visit, one each day.
These are two lovely ladies I've had the priviledge of knowing
almost the whole time I've lived here.
Then, two girls from our Amigos' dinner group (church folks)
came by this week for some great conversation (and lunch)! Thanks, Dee & Kelly!
Mike scored a beer-drinking date on Wednesday night....I know he enjoyed that.
Meanwhile, Richard & Margaret showered me with homemade
lasagna & a crisp salad that same night...what a treat!
Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to a visit with my
aunt, Ann Marie (a 2nd mom) and my cousins Allyson & Erin...
they're making the trek all the way from northern VA to
love on me and give Mike a break.

We're continuing to look forward here with hope and
anticipation as the little one grows bigger and stronger
each day! Next week (28 weeks) will be a huge
milestone....let's do it!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Such great news! I can't believe you will be at 28 weeks already (I know, I haven't been cooped up in the hossy with time ticking slowly...) Question - because Baby G is moving around, des she actually LOSE fluid faster than your body can replace it? I mean, with each u/s it seems that the pockets of fluid change, but can't it simply be due to the fact that she has changed position and the fluid has just dispersed to a different area? This is my uneducated question...sorry! So glad you are doing well!