NO- I'm not hanging upside down. Although, if they said it would
help baby girl grow, I would do it.
NO- I didn't get a new job (they don't tend to hire those on bedrest! :)
...neither did Mike, and, we don't plan to do so!
A certain SOMEONE decided that this morning, right after
breakfast, was a great time to go from a
breech "pike" position to transverse! If the uterus
is like a clock, she went from laying diagonally
5-11, (head at 11), to now laying across
from 3-9, head at 3! Her spine is across the cervix.
Now, in a normal pregnancy with lots of fluid,
the mom might feel the rolling. I felt pain - to a
level 4- move across my back and wrap around
my abdomen. Well, panic quickly set in and they
put me on for the non-stress test right away....
not a single contraction, great movement
and a textbook heartbeat. PHEW!
When the amazing JoAnn (sonographer) came to do the ultrasound
this afternoon, we learned about the position change.
She looked great on the screen, all but her fluid level
which is back down below a 2cm pocket.
(I expected that as I've lost a lot in the past 48 hours or so.)
So....the little stinker moved on us. She *might* have
a chance at going head down...but rest assured, I'll
feel it when she does!
Above all, we are thrilled, thankful, and hopeful
that we have crossed the 28 week mark. Her chances
of survival are now over 90 %...truly a miracle from the
initial chance of 10% - or less- when we arrived here 34 days ago.
A wise colleague (who's also a mentor, friend, and inspiration)
asked me, "how are you keeping your spirit up?"
And, the only answer I have for that is: through the love and support
that is showered upon us from those we know and don't know....and
from the faith I grasp for each day that we are in God's loving hands.
An update from the sleepy Helm family!!
15 years ago


1 comment:
Ouch! What was she thinking? I guess she figured 28 weeks at one position was enough and decided to find a new position for the next 28 weeks? So glad things are ok though! And now I am hopeful that you might beable to avoid a c/s later!
Post a Comment