Well, here I am...finally writing in to catch you up to speed on the going's on.
Saturday, November 14: 4AM
My water broke around the baby girl.
I was admitted to Duke and assessed for all kinds of things
including infection and contractions, etc.
We received visits from everyone, including neonatologists
who spoke to us about resuscitation and the possibility
of a still birth situation. Fear, panic and shock had set in.
Milestones:
Making it 48 hours without delivery: CHECK
Making it to 24 weeks (11/20): CHECK
Making it to 28 weeks (12/18)
Making it to 34 weeks (1/ 29/10)
We've crossed through two of the four big milestones
and each day is a gift. So far, both baby and I are stable
PRAISE BE TO GOD!
Now, here's the double whammy of the situation:
On November 18, 2008, I was admitted to Duke
with a uterine infection already brewing.
On November 19, I lost the twins during an emergency
D&C. On November 20, I left the hospital for the 2nd
time in 6 months with an empty womb and a broken heart.
We are thankful to be farther along and
hopeful for a different and much better outcome.
I am doing all that I can to keep this baby safe
and cared for. We have the best care that we can get.
Again, Mike and I marvel at the support in our lives.
It's like seeing God work every day.
An update from the sleepy Helm family!!
15 years ago


1 comment:
You are amazing, Sara! Thanks for checking in and I'm praying for that 28 week mark!
Post a Comment