I've moved! I'm now in room 7701 at Duke University Hospital.
This is the antepartum floor which is where
they put the stable patients who are awaiting delivery,
whether in a few days or a few months.
The nursing staff has been good to me; they
are cheering us on and helping me to
remain positive and calm. (No easy feat, I assure you!)
What's getting to be a bit funny is the
food service experience. I don't have
any dietary restrictions, so, I get to order
from a pre-printed menu each day for the
following day's meals. Well, each day, at
least at one meal (sometimes two!), my
tray has been missing something or had
something on it that I didn't order.
And, one night, they forgot me with
the dinner tray! After two calls to food service,
a tray arrived, but, it was STONE cold.
Finally, the manager showed up with a hot plate
at 8:45PM! Oh well, if these little tidbits
are the most excitement that we have,
we'll be very lucky!
An update from the sleepy Helm family!!
15 years ago


1 comment:
Hello Sara and Mike!
We are all so happy that you all are doing so well. Now, we just have to work on the food!
Time for take-out I would say! We love the blog and will follow faithfully!
Love,
The Robbins Family
Sueann, Dan, Dani and Cameron
Post a Comment