Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From election day to bedrest...

Yeah...it's one of "those" days! Lots of thoughts swimming
in my mind...about many different things. So, I'll try to make some
sense of it, but I won't promise that the parts will equal the whole!
----------------
A year ago today, Obama was being elected to the Presidency of
the United States of America. I assume that it was a life-altering
day for he and his family. But more than that, it was a history-making
day for our country. I recall vividly the hope and promise that his
victory brought to our nation...or at least to my household. I wonder
what he thinks of his progress one year later? I wonder if he has taken
the time to reflect on the past year and evaluate his actions and
experiences during his first year in office. Do you think he has time to reflect?
Maybe he pays someone to do it for him? :)
-----------------
I've been thinking recently about the life lessons that bedrest is teaching me.
For those of you who don't know, I was placed on
bedrest, or couch rest, as I like to call it, at 15 weeks pregnant
after the water broke around our twin boy.
At first, I spent much of my time being anxious and
worrying about the health of both babies, but particularly the little boy.
And, who am I kidding, I'm still worried about the well-being
of my little girl, and that won't change until the end of my life!
As the weeks have passed and the ultrasounds keep
showing us her growth and development, I am starting
to see the lessons to be learned from  "couchrest":
~ there's no need to hurry anywhere.
~ the world still turns while I stay home and that's OK.
~  I am in awe at the generosity and compassion of our friends & family.
~ I can do more with a laptop and a phone than I ever imagined
( and believe me, I thought I'd done it all with those two items!)
~ I have taken the time to talk with Mike and to really listen
~ I have made time to be quiet and talk with God
(something that was missing in my life!)
So, it's not "all bad" and it's not all consumed with worry and anxiety.
Here's to hoping that I can take these lessons with me when life
resumes it's frantic pace.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading!
Sara

No comments: