Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome Benjamin Michael Concini

On Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 9:22am, Benjamin Michael made his debut!
He weighed in at 6lbs, 12 ounces and measured 19 1/2 inches in length.
He cried a lot in the OR -- letting us know that he was not pleased to be yanked from the dark, warm womb to the bright and cold operating room!
Since then, he's been a pretty sweet little love....only fussing when he's hungry or cold.
He nursed at 90 minutes after birth and seemed to know exactly what to do. Now, my milk supply needs to come in to feed this hungry boy.

As for how I'm doing....I did have a reaction to the Pitocin in the OR, getting flushed, hypertensive and very dizzy. So, after he was delivered, Daddy got almost an hour to hold and cuddle our new son while I just tried to keep my head about me. Luckily, once in recovery, the dizziness subsided and we were able to nurse and cuddle. I'm having a fair amount of pain from the surgery, but, nothing that I can't handle. :)

We are so thankful to God for this miraculous addition to our family and can't wait for everyone to meet him.
We are also thankful to our family and friends for their prayers and love during the pregnancy and delivery. Nana has been here taking care of big sister Rachael, who upon meeting her brother today did leave a scratch on his forehead and try to take his cap off his head. Sibling rivalry already??

Here are some pictures from his first two days:
looks like one of his sister's first pictures!

Dr. Laskey and Dr. Roeder -- Duke's finest got to do the honors in the OR!

Healthy lungs...holding Daddy's finger

Is that my brother under there?

Family of four!

I'm not just a big sister, I'm "SO BIG". :)

1 comment:

Jeff Stover said...

Congratulations, guys! Ben looks great, as does Rachel. Much love to both of you, too. I'll be in touch.