 |
Mommy adoring Ben...I've dreamt of having a picture of
holding a newborn in a hospital bed...it's finally come true! |
 |
| Showing Ben off for the camera |
 |
| Peace out, peeps! Dressed and ready to go home! |
 |
| Heading for the car with Mommy |
 |
| Day 1 at home with big sister...in our coordinating outfits |
 |
| One week old...in my "just born" onesie...monthly pictures to follow! |
 |
| Rachael enjoying Nana's baked ziti...it was so good, it had to go in my hair. |
 |
| Taking a post-bath nap in Daddy's arms |
Well, we are settled in at home with Mr. Ben...otherwise known as "little buddy", "big guy", "Benjamin Button", and "little brother", "Mr. Man". Overall, I'd say this first week (or ten days) has gone really well. Ben is pretty laid-back and other than having his nights and days mixed up, we're enjoying cuddling with him every chance we get. Rachael is adjusting...the hardest part is that I can't lift her and she can't figure out why. Thank goodness Mike has been off this week and we've been able to have one-on-one time with Ben during the day and navigate our four-some at night.
I have to say....I have had many moments of being awe-struck this week...especially when I look at Mike holding Rachael while I hold Ben and think that I just need to pinch myself. How could this dream have come true? How could 3 years of struggles have led us to this? When will the other shoe drop? (The internal pessimist never quite goes away!)
I also thought I'd have to "make room" in my heart for Ben...you know, by taking away something else for him to fit in. NOT TRUE! My heart expanded and it's like he's always been there and I love him as much as I love his big sister, each for who and what they are.
Ben, sweetheart, we are so glad you are here and healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment