From BabyCenter.com:
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.
This is a significant milestone for the mom (and dad) of a preemie! After watching our little girl struggle with basic life functions, like breathing and maintaining her heart rate, the idea that the little baby boy growing inside me *might* not have to struggle with these things is overwhelming. enormous. downright miraculous! I say *might* because I know well enough that not every "full term" baby is strong enough, but, I can keep saying my prayers that he will be and that we'll go to the hospital sometime between now and March 23 and deliver a baby and bring him home a few days later.
This will mean, we'll have had a baby in all 4 nurseries at Duke -- the NICU, the Transitional Care Nursery (where R spent her last week in the hospital), the Special Care Nursery (where she spent 24 hours) and baby brother will hopefully go to the full-term nursery.
I'm hoping he's just packing on the pounds and enjoying his last little bit in the land of easy feeding and sleeping!
We can't wait to meet you, little man! To cuddle you and love you and watch you grow every day of your life.
An update from the sleepy Helm family!!
15 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment