Monday, January 24, 2011

The First Birthday: A Recap

















Oh my....what a weekend it was for Rachael's first birthday! We celebrated on her actual birthday by going to have 1 year portraits taken. It was a special day for our family and I wanted to have it documented with some professional photos. Rachael was in a really happy mood all day that day and even smiled for the camera!
I was fortunate to have the day off from work to do party-prep and get my hair done. I think it might be a tradition to take the day off and as the kiddos get older,  do something special with Mommy and baby/child that day. Birthdays were always a big deal in my house growing up and I want to continue that. 
The pictures from her party are below...they are all out of order, but, I trust that you are smart enough to figure out which ones went first. :) Hint: The one with Mimi and Rachael is the "morning after". Rachael enjoyed being with some friends -- Ruby, Evan, Claire & Kate (we missed you Samantha & Emma!) and the big people, too! Mommy and Daddy really enjoyed time with the big people (and little ones) and are so thankful to Mimi and Papa for coming all this way to celebrate and help us do everything! 













No comments: