Saturday, February 12, 2011

Transition...

I know everyone faces transition in life....from one thing to another and growing and changing is what keeps life interesting, isn't it?
Well, Rachael is going to transition this week...from the infant room at daycare to the toddler room. This may not sound like a big deal, but, believe me it is! She'll be fine....I, on the other hand, am nervous for her!
What does this transition mean for her?
~ no more bottles at school...period. All milk (yes, I said MILK -- not formula) will come from a sippy cup. We tested this out this past week and she did fine, but, is waking up overnight again for a bottle because she's not quite getting enough fluid during the day.
~ one nap -- and it's on a cot -- no more crib! She's typically taking only one nap a day, these days, but, it's still in a crib. I can't wait to see how she does with the cot.
~ almost everyone in the new class is walking....Rachael is close, but, still working on walking while holding hands or on to the furniture.
~ no more Miss Nicole and Miss Jessica. She's really attached to these two teachers, especially Miss Nicole (pictured below in her birthday pictures). We're hopeful that she'll like Ms. Linda and Ms. Janis just as much.

We'll keep you up-to-date on how it goes....I bet she'll do better than I will!
Vocabulary update:
shoes, fish, uh-oh, Lacey (sounds more like shay-she), hi, "hey", and apparently at school she was looking around from her crib saying "cole" -- perhaps for Miss Nicole!

No comments: