With the season of Advent upon us, we are in a mode of preparing. Preparing for the celebration of Jesus' birth. Preparing for the arrival of Santa. Preparing for a special holiday time where family and friends gather to be together and to spend time.
So, today was about preparing and these two were my helpers. We made a deal: park first, shopping at Target second. We joined our sweet neighbor friends at the park for a beautiful morning walk -- 65 degrees....at Christmas time! This is why we love where we live. :)
After running out our energy at the park, we headed for Super Target. These two hopped in the cart and off we went. I piled things on top of them, beside them, next to them, under them. Most importantly, while we were there, we purchased clothing and gifts for the children we selected off of the Angel Tree at church. Mike and I are committed to teaching the kids about giving to others and this is the best way that I know how to start doing that.
No comments:
Post a Comment