Mike, once again, stepped up to the plate and held down the fort while I went to be with my family. {How did I get so lucky to marry a man like this? I ask myself this every. day.}
Upon my return home, we kicked off celebrating daddy's birthday with some birthday donuts! I took both kids to dance (Ben was so happy to watch his sister in her lesson) and then to Christmas pageant rehearsal. Rachael was signed up to be in the pageant, but, Ben, in his always-ready-to-be-like sister way, jumped in and joined the action. In their first roles, Rachael was a Dalmation dog and Ben was a bumble bee....two animals that I'm sure were not present in that manger, but, nonetheless, the two had a good time being a part of this big tradition at our church. Ben enjoyed it just a bit more than Rachael, I think...he's our ham...she's got a bit of stage fright. Mike and I were thrilled to cap off his birthday with a date night to a great New Orleans eatery in downtown....yumm-o.
We capped off a very busy weekend with a girls' viewing of Disney on Ice. We went with a couple of friends and their moms....it was so much fun. What a nice night to be with Rachael...special treat to have some girl time with my favorite little girl.


No comments:
Post a Comment