Today is a FIRST.
It's the first Friday of my 3/4 time work schedule which I asked for in January 2013. You see, over the Christmas holiday, Ben and Rachael were so much fun. Each day was a new (and tiring!) adventure. Each day slipped away too quickly. And, I took pause and thought -- I don't want to miss any more days with these two.
But, I know myself well enough to know, I'm not "full-time, SAHM" built. I have the utmost respect for full-time, stay-at-home Moms...theirs is a job I don't think I could handle. However, I knew something needed to change about my full-time, out of the home work schedule.
Then, when we settled in to January 2013, we got the year end statement from the wonderful daycare our children attended. $32,000! In ONE year! My feelings were confirmed with data -- something needed to change.
And so, it will. I asked for a switch to a 3/4 time schedule. I searched high and low for a preschool that would meet the kids' needs and my schedule's needs. I found it -- PHEW!
TODAY is the first of 110 Fridays at home with Rachael and Ben.
I vow to myself and to them to enjoy these Fridays more than I dread them. To allow for mistakes and cranky days. To cherish the sweet moments, the extra hugs and kisses. The extra time to spend together...making things, doing things, playing things and JUST being - with each other.
I know, these Fridays will go too fast. I know, they will end as quick as they came. And, to Mike, thank you for supporting my goal to make this change and for being a true partner with me in these adventures. (I'm hoping these Fridays will give me the chance to make our family happier, healthier and better than ever!)
An update from the sleepy Helm family!!
15 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment