Katelyn (8), Lauren (5), Ben (2), Rachael (3) enjoy the pool at BaBa's lake house!
Today the kids and I went to visit with Alicia, Eric and Barbara (lovingly known as BaBa to her grandkids) while they were all at BaBa's lake house. It was (as always) too short and so much fun! The kids warmed up to each other and played games in and out of the pool. Alicia and I talked fast and furiously, trying to catch up on 6 months of life while keeping an eye on the kiddos. My friendship with Alicia is 18 years old.....and it's as easy to be with her now as it was then. We've lived with each other and have survived break ups, hangovers, parties, Spring Break trips, broken hearts, engagements, bridal showers, weddings and baby showers and child-rearing together. She went MBA, I went MS. She stays in Jersey, I stay in NC. But, no matter the distance or the time apart, there's nothing like coming together with someone that "knew you when". I can only pray that Rachael and Ben will build friendships like the ones we are blessed to have. I truly hope seeing these friendships in our lives will influence the way they make friends.
What a great way to spend one of our 110!
xoxo
|
No comments:
Post a Comment