So....month 9 has brought with it lots of new things, like:
- 3 new teeth -- yes THREE! The two on the bottom popped through on her 7th month birthday, but, literally, 2 days after her 9 month birthday, THREE on the top popped through. My baby has five teeth...what???? Where did my 'baby' go?
- Pulling up to standing! The teacher at school called me on Tuesday, October 19th to tell me: "We're so excited! Rachael is pulling up!" It warms my heart to know the folks who care for her each day while we work take so much pride in her growth and development.
- Because of the previous item, I went directly to the store to get a play table...she LOVES it! I found it at a consignment shop for $20...I would have paid double for it to see the kind of happiness and pride it brings her.
- Eating....well, she has moved on to a new point....eating with her fingers! She'd much rather do it herself then take things by spoon or bottle. Here are some of her favorites: yogurt (the one thing that's OK by spoon), puffs, crunchy cheese puffs (the Gerber kind), biter biscuits, pears, peas. Of the baby food varieties, she seems to like almost everything we've presented. We're going to move on to more table food in the coming weeks...she'll be starting to get these things at school too -- just like the big kids.
- Separation anxiety just started at 9 months, 2 weeks. (pretty much right on schedule!). When I drop her in the mornings at school, she will play when I put her down and then, when I head for the door, she crawls after me and cries with the pouty lip. It's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen and it's heartbreaking! Miss Nicole is helpful in distracting her and when I re-check through the window, she's playing happily. Phew.
And, of course, I'll leave you with a few pictures:
9 months wearing
the outfit from Cousins Deb & Dee and Aunt Kathy & Uncle Harold


No comments:
Post a Comment