Well, what a year 2009 was, huh? I'm not even sure I could put a
label on it or place it in a category....perhaps that's what
a year is supposed to be like - full of ups and downs, joys and troubles.
If there's one thing our infertility journey has taught me, it's that you
never know where the year will take you! I'm even more sure
of that as we embark on 2010. Rumor has it that I will
deliver this little girl sometime in the next 28 days...but I don't know
when! I am hopeful and praying daily for her strength and survival.
I have no idea what parenthood will be like...although, I'm sure
the first months will lead us to a level of exhaustion unlike
any other. I'm also fairly sure that the love we'll feel for this
precious one will be unlike any other....that's the thrilling part!
We had an ultrasound yesterday that showed a growing "diva".
She has a roundness to her cheeks now and we could even see
some chubby skin around her mid-section! The sonographer
predicts that she will have her daddy's nose...and apparently,
these predictions are usually pretty close to accurate.
She had a great fluid level - AFI of 5+. She scrunched up
her toes for us and is still in a butt-first breech position.
We observed breathing activity for 20 minutes (after that we stopped watching)
and we could see her opening and closing her eyes!
That's the best New Year's present I could have hoped for!
We'll have the 30 week growth scan on Monday, since the
staff is on a skeleton crew over the holiday weekend.
Until then...welcome to 2010. May it bring you
many blessings and the love of family and friends!
An update from the sleepy Helm family!!
15 years ago


1 comment:
What a fantastic ultrasound!! After all you and Mike and Baby Girl have been through, how wonderful to be getting positive, exciting, healthy news!! Happy, happy, happy 2010 to you all!!
Post a Comment