and nephews about the soon-to-be cousin. We did this via
Skype from my hospital room! I gathered a few supplies- one diaper,
one rattle and one onesie to use as props to see if they could figure out
(without seeing my belly) why we would need those things. Well,
they are quick learners, those three and guessed right away that we
are having a baby. They gave us big smiles and claps, but, I think
they were mostly mesmerized by their first video chat.
Afterwards, Mimi sent us a script of their "off air" reactions to the news:
Meg (the almost 8 year old) : "I bet her name Is Molly",
"What is her real name?" "Can we go buy her diapers and a baby dress?"
(I love it, she wants to shop- thata girl!)
"What is her real name?" "Can we go buy her diapers and a baby dress?"
(I love it, she wants to shop- thata girl!)
"January will be very busy with 2 birthday cakes!"
(Meg's birthday is Jan 31, so, she put together that they will share a birthday month.)
(Meg's birthday is Jan 31, so, she put together that they will share a birthday month.)
Sam: (the 6 year old tough guy) "I'll be really gentle with her"
" When she gets bigger, she'll need a bed like mine" (now, don't rush us, Sam!)
Matthew: (the 11 year old sensitive one): "When will they come visit?"; "I liked Uncle Mikey's beard"
"How long will she be in the hospital?"; "Her room is really pretty"
Aren't they funny? I love to hear their thoughts! I wish I had more artwork
from them or pictures of them to put up in my room or even to decorate our
fridge at home...to make it so that we don't miss them so much!
I can't wait for them to meet the little one.
And, an ultrasound update....today's fluid level - 7.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't
believe it, but, we had at least one pocket measuring 3x3...amazing.
The doctor did remind me that he has a low threshold for sending
me to the operating room...in other words, he won't let me get infected
or labor too long before he'll go in and get her! So, while we're hoping for
18 more days, it could (literally) be any day now.


1 comment:
How sweet!!! Speaking of Mike's beard, you should post a picture of his progress :)
Post a Comment