was a smashing success! She was showered with love and goodies of all kinds. We started with the trip to PA on December 23rd and have been going non-stop. Rachael has been a trooper through all the hectic family gatherings and the back and forth from Mimi's to Nana's to Pops' houses and back again.
The biggest items to note are her "new tricks" -- just while we've been in PA -- she's been doing the following:
waving hello and goodbye, putting her arms up for "so big", and putting her finger to her lips for that "blib, blub, blib" sound that happens when you run your finger over your lips while sounding your voice. My treasures from this week include being able to watch these things happen before my very eyes.
She's also been on a much needed growth-spurt and eating everything in sight. She had a full Christmas Eve meal with Mimi & Papa and a full Christmas dinner with Nana on the day after Christmas. With a great eating day on Christmas in between.
And, of course, I can't possibly post without mentioning how thankful I am to be in the midst of a healthy pregnancy at this special time of year. I can't imagine how Mary must have felt....I've thought of her a lot on the days surrounding the birth of her Son, our savior.
I'm getting more and more excited to meet this precious boy growing inside of me. I'm still praying daily for his continued health and growth.
Mike and I were generously gifted with the chance to go away overnight for the first time since Rachael has come home while Nana kept Rachael. It was some much needed time together and a great chance to reconnect and keep our spark lit. We are so lucky to have each other and to have Rachael and her little brother.
Without further ado...here are some photos of the holiday:
An update from the sleepy Helm family!!
15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment