Have you ever noticed the way your hips sway
when you hold a baby?
I think this is one of the coolest, instinctual movements
that the body makes. Usually, this motion calms
the little one. And if it doesn't calm the baby,
it at least keeps the hip joints soft!
As I was standing near my Mom last week
when she was holding Rachael (hips swaying),
I realized that I was doing it too, without a baby
in my arms or even thinking about it. Through
her example, my Mom has taught me to be
(I hope) a good mother...not perfect, but,
at least loving and working hard for my little one.
Calming Rachael...cuddling her...rubbing her back....
brushing her soft cheek with my finger....holding
her while my hips sway...there's nothing better.
And...what's a post without pictures?
1 comment:
I totally get the "hip sway"....I find myself doing it at work sometimes while I'm talking to people are standing at the copier...ha! Great photos of Rachael!
Post a Comment